1 Public Speaker
Colin Humphris – Clymping Parish Council
Use of land for Class B8 (Storage) for caravan storage (resubmission of CM/64/21/PL). This application may affect the setting of a listed building and is in CIL Zone 3 (Zero Rated) as other development.
The Planning Area Team Leader presented the report. This was followed by 1 Public Speaker.
Members then took part in a full debate on the application where a number of points were raised and responded to by Officers, including:
· whether the field was to remain grassed or if another surface was to be added, and concern if it was to be covered
· the proximity to cottages and listed buildings
· clarification over the nature of the ‘storage’ use on the site
· concern for the short-term 5-year assurances regarding the landscaping
· concern for the business signage that may follow this change of use [The Group Head of Planning confirmed that this would have to be applied for as a separate application.]
The recommendations were then proposed and seconded.
That the application be APPROVED CONDITIONALLY as detailed in the report subject to the conditions as detailed.