Decision Maker: Planning Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1 Public Speaker
James Hutchinson – Agent
Change of use from Class E (retail) / B8 storage to C3 residential and the creation of three dwelling units through the conversion of the rear of nos. 73 & 75 and the erection of a part single storey / part two storey rear extension with associated amenity space and refuse / recycling stores.
The Planning Area Team Leader presented the report. This was followed by 1 Public Speaker.
Members then took part in a full debate on the application where a number of points were raised and responded to by Officers, including:
· the built nature of the Aldwick area
· difficulties with parking in the area already and surprise that lack of parking provision within the application is not seen as an issue
· impact the lack of parking has on the bus layby and bus service
· concern over the lack of access for emergency services
· cramped development
· support for infilling in sustainable areas
· support for car-free development, and whether car-free conditions could be put on future residents
· whether this could be considered unsustainable development due to the parking concerns and the impacts on the local bus service
That delegated authority be granted to the Group Head of Planning, in consultation with the Chair and Vice-Chair of Planning Committee to:
1. Grant outline planning permission, subject to conditions;
2. Subject to a Section 106 Agreement.
Report author: Nicola Spencer
Publication date: 15/06/2022
Date of decision: 28/04/2022
Decided at meeting: 28/04/2022 - Planning Committee