5 Public Speakers
James Andrews – Objector
Jonathan Puplett – Agent
Cllr June Hamilton – Arun District Council Ward Member
Cllr David Huntley – Arun District Council Ward Member
New vehicular access entrance, relocated parking bays, and pedestrian access associated with the redevelopment of the rear of Inglenook Hotel as 9 No. dwellings. This application is in CIL Zone 4 (zero rated) as other development. This application may affect the setting of a Grade II Listed Building.
The Principal Planning Officer presented the report with updates. This was followed by 5 Public Speakers.
Members then took part in a full debate on the application where a number of points were raised and responded to by Officers, including:
· the proposed access on this application resembling the access Committee previously wanted for the original planning application; the original planning application’s access having been deemed dangerous due to its width by Committee and therefore refused planning permission but subsequently overturned by the Planning Inspector at appeal
· pedestrian access via Spinnaker View to counter safety concerns
· the time wasted by Officers and Members as residents of Spinnaker View, a private road with no right of access through it, had stated that they would not allow this to happen if approved
· the Committee were of the opinion they had reached the correct conclusions with the original planning application with regards the access and that the application should never have gone to appeal
· the need for the appeals process and planning process more generally to listen to and be informed by the knowledge of local people and their local Councillors rather than others without first-hand knowledge of the sites and their settings
That the application be APPROVED CONDITIONALLY as detailed in the report and report update subject to the conditions and conditions update as detailed.