3 Public Speakers
Cllr Peter Atkins – Pagham Parish Council
Cllr David Huntley – Arun District Council Ward Member
Cllr June Hamilton – Arun District Council Ward Member
Approval of reserved matters (layout, scale, appearance and landscaping) following outline consent P/140/16/OUT for the 'local centre' parcel which comprises of retail, community and commercial uses, 20 No residential apartments and a 70 bed care home.
The Principal Planning Officer presented the report with updates. This was followed by 3 Public Speakers.
Members then took part in a full debate on the application where a number of points were raised and responded to by Officers, including:
· the nature and design of the buildings, in particular 3-storey buildings with high pitched roofs when other roof designs would lower the overall height and be more in keeping with Pagham and the surrounding area
· design not in keeping with Pagham and needed to be more sensitive to the area
· healthcare provision, or lack of, in the area and the pressure of building another care home in the area
· considering this application in light of sea level rise predictions and whilst exploring a coastal change management plan for the area
· issues with flooding already in the area
That the application be DEFERRED to further clarify the height of the buildings with regards the mass and bulk of the roofs.