1 Public Speaker
Application for works to existing building including; insertion of new windows and rooflights, infilling of windows, replacement of windows, addition of French doors and Juliette balcony, and replacement of roofs and new coping to flint wall. This application is in CIL Zone 4 and is zero rated as other development.
The Planning Area Team Leader presented the report with updates. This was followed by 1 Public Speaker.
Members then took part in a full debate on the application where a number of points were raised and responded to by Officers, including:
· the use of the property and whether it had permission to be used for light industrial purposes
· the flat roof being accessible via patio doors and the restrictive condition to prevent use as a balcony or amenity space
· the building’s relationship to the Georgian house and whether the styling of the replacement windows should mirror or at least be in keeping with the Georgian house or period
· the retention of the flint wall
· access to the property
· the quality of light within the property
· the operating hours of the business using the property and whether these were restricted by conditions
· the application being partially retrospective as it resulted from enforcement following a complaint due to works begun without planning permission
That the application be APPROVED CONDITIONALLY as detailed in the report and report update subject to the conditions and conditions update as detailed.