Cllr June Hamilton, on behalf of Pagham Parish Council
Approval of reserved matters following P/116/19/OUT for 4 No semi detached 3 bed & 2 No detached 4-bed dwellings with associated access, parking & gardens (resubmission following P/111/21/RES). This site is in CIL Zone 5 and is CIL Liable as new dwellings.
The Planning Area Team Leader presented the report. This was followed by 1 Public Speaker.
Members then took part in a full debate on the application where a number of points were raised and responded to by Officers, including:
· concerns over elements of the scheme’s design and layout
· the size and limits imposed by the stream of some of the gardens of what could be family homes and how that might lead children to play in the wildflower area adjacent to Sefter Road
· the riparian responsibility of each new property and the practical implications of maintenance having divided the responsibility between 6 households
· the importance of maintaining a significant waterway that took a large amount of discharge from other developments in area
· concerns over pollution getting into the stream and the potentially significant environmental consequences of this
That the application be APPROVED CONDITIONALLY as detailed in the report subject to the conditions as detailed