Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Chair welcomed the arrival of these policies and spoke of their benefit in ensuring residents could live safely in their homes and landlords met their legal and regulatory requirements. Upon the invitation of the Chair, the Interim Asset Manager presented his report explaining that the Council was under the regulatory notice of the Social Housing Regulator around compliance and building safety, that these policies aimed to be consistent and comprehensive and covered the Council’s legal and regulatory obligations to its Social Housing tenants.
Members (and one non-Committee Member) then took part in a full debate on the item where a number of points were raised including:
· the Fire Safety policy and rules around furniture in foyer areas in sheltered housing
· that these policies only applied where the Council was the landlord
· praise for these policies being easy to understand
The recommendations were then proposed and seconded.
RESOLVED - that
1. The Fire Safety, Gas Safety, Electrical Safety, Lift Safety, Asbestos management and Legionella policies be approved for publication
2. Delegated authority be given to the Group Head of Residential Services to make minor changes to the policies.
Report author: Steve Madell
Publication date: 12/10/2021
Date of decision: 30/09/2021
Decided at meeting: 30/09/2021 - Residential and Wellbeing Services Committee