Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report sets out the Revenue and Capital Budgets for 2020/21 for both the General Fund and the Housing Revenue Account.
RESOLVED – That
(1) The Group Head of Corporate Support, in consultation with the Deputy Leader of the Council and Cabinet Member for Corporate Support, has approved a Council Tax base of 62,244 for 2020/21; and
(2) The Budget report in Appendices A, 1, 2 and 3 be noted.
The Cabinet also
RECOMMEND TO THE SPECIAL MEETING OF THE COUNCIL ON 19 FEBRUARY 2020 – That
(1) The General Fund Revenue Budget as set out in Appendix 1 be approved;
(2) Arun’s Band D Council Tax for 2020/21, based on a Band D Council Tax of £186.57, is set at £11,612,863 plus Parish precepts as demanded, to be transferred to the General Fund in accordance with statutory requirements;
(3) The Housing Revenue Account (HRA) Budget as set out in Appendix 2 is approved;
(4) The HRA rents are increased by 5% to give a standard charge of £12.31 per week (excluding VAT) and heating and water/sewerage charges increased on a scheme by scheme basis, with a view to balancing costs with income; and
(5) The Capital Budget as set out in Appendix 3 is approved.
Report author: Alan Peach
Publication date: 10/02/2020
Date of decision: 10/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 10/02/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 20/02/2020