Decision Maker: Planning Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1 Public Speaker
Cllr Geraldine Walker – Kingston Parish Council
Erection of single storey rear and front porch extension, erection of self-contained detached annex and alterations to fenestration.
The Planning Area Team Leader presented the report. This was followed by 1 Public Speaker.
Members then took part in a full debate on the application where a number of points were raised and responded to by Officers, including:
· clarification was sought over what would be permitted under Permitted Development Rights
· the interior of the annex
· the condition against using the annex as a separate dwelling
· the annex’s relationship and positioning to Meadow House
· the height and style of fencing around the property and in the area, and the need for any boundary fencing to be in keeping and not adversely impact on the character of the area which is open in aspect
· the design of the roof lights and light dispersion into the night sky
· concern for any intrusion into East Preston-Ferring Gap
The recommendations were then proposed and seconded.
That the application be APPROVED CONDITIONALLY as detailed in the report subject to the conditions as detailed.
Report author: Daun Johnson
Publication date: 08/08/2022
Date of decision: 20/07/2022
Decided at meeting: 20/07/2022 - Planning Committee