Decision Maker: Planning Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Construction of 1 No. 3 bed dwelling. This application is in CIL Zone 2 & is CIL liable as new dwelling.
The Planning Team Leader presented his report with updates.
Members then took part in a full debate on the application where a number of points were raised including:
· the need for an independent bat survey before consent could be given
· the whole of Aldingbourne being a bat corridor, with 9 species of bat being present
· delays from Natural England
· the Cost of bat surveys and whether a single bat survey could be produced by/for the Council that all future applicants could use
· that is was irresponsible to put such stress on a bat survey for this application
· the application not having all the necessary information for Members to reach a decision – no response from the Council’s Tree Officer despite many trees being mentioned in the report
· whether any removed trees would be replaced
The Planning Team Leader provided Members with answers to all points raised during the debate, confirming that planning applications could not be delayed due to delays in consultee responses and that if approved the applicant would have 14 days from the date of the meeting to get a bat survey done or the application would be refused under delegated authority.
That the Planning Committee delegate the decision to the Group Head of Planning (in consultation with the Chair). The decision will be made following the submission of a further ecology report by the applicant and further consultation thereafter with the Council’s Ecologist. If no further ecology report is received by the Council within 14 days of this resolution the application will be refused for the following reason:
Due to the lack of suitable information regarding the bats the Council cannot be certain that the impact on biodiversity would not be adversely harmful contrary to Policy ENV DM5 of the Arun Local Plan and the NPPF.
Report author: Daun Johnson
Publication date: 04/08/2021
Date of decision: 28/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 28/07/2021 - Planning Committee